Key Account Manager, Airlines
Are you looking to play a pivotal role in attracting the next generation of best-in-class talent for one of the worlds most respected fast moving CPG’s?
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Bulleit and Buchanan's whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our performance ambition is to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. We are proud of the brands we make and the enjoyment they give to millions. We are passionate about alcohol playing a positive role in society as part of a balanced lifestyle. It is central to our purpose to celebrate life, every day, everywhere.
We are a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer! We produce an assortment of over 200 amazing brands – old and new, large, and small, global and local – that are enjoyed in more than 180 countries around the world!
Diageo is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, our people, our brands, and performance, visit us at www.diageo.com. Visit Diageo's global responsible drinking resource, www.DRINKiQ.com, for information, initiatives, and ways to share standard methodology.
Diageo Global Travel brings Diageo’s international portfolio of alcoholic and non-alcoholic brands to consumers in travel retail. Travel retail represents the unique shopping spaces and duty-free options active in airports and dedicated duty-free sites all over the world. Global Travel also serves the airline and cruise ship community for on board purchases and in bar experiences. The business brings exclusive brand extensions and limited editions to travellers as well as in-airport experiences including luxury shop in shops and immersive pop-ups.
Global Travel is a brand building marketplace, with a consumer in a different approach, captive, shopping with a different lens to the ordinary. A showcase opportunity enabling brands like Johnnie Walker to reach the No.1 whisky spot and our single malts to become the rare liquid gift or treat for shoppers in transit. Travel Retail is the home of gifting Gifts for self and others, for holiday moments, festive occasions and souvenirs with a sense of occasion and place.
We have recently redefined our ambition and strategy and are crafting a future for our business where we lead the Total Beverage Alcohol category to become the most dynamic and fastest growing category in the Global Travel, while accelerating Diageo to become the number one partner for our customers, through luxury brand building underpinned by our scale. We will do this by reaching more travellers, converting more of them to purchase both in store and online and thirdly increasing the value of their spend.
Working in Diageo Global Travel gives you a career experience like no other, touching all four corners of the world. We are a driven, agile, diverse and truly distributed team, based across 17 countries with our market HQ in London. People are a key enabler to deliver our strategy, and as part of investing behind our strategy we are growing our team.
About the Channel & The Role
The airlines business is truly a unique channel in travel retail as it goes much beyond the traditional retail footprint, giving one the chance to lead sub-channels such as pouring, inflight retail & pre order ecommerce. It’s also an exciting time for the channel with 70% of people traveling as much or more than they did prior to the pandemic. In 2022 there simply wasn’t enough on board capacity to meet the demand and looking ahead to 2023 airlines are predicting it to be the year to return to profitability.
With the redefined ambition, Diageo recognizes the big opportunity and as a result the Airline channel is at the forefront and seen as a key pillar for growth to total Global Travel. The main responsibility will be delivering the growth plan for our existing European Airlines customers, in addition to securing new business. This person will work in tandem with our other Airline account manager and be supported by our Customer Marketing Manager to ensure we show up thoughtfully through the line and engage with passengers at every touchpoint of their journey.
Engaging & leading both internal and external collaborator relationships will be a driver to success.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a new team and acquire great visibility within the organization in a LEAD channel.
Feel inspired? Want to get “on-board” with us? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Functional & Leadership capabilities:
- Run & deliver the P&L and leads S&OP & AOP cycle.
- Excellent forecasting skills, across all metrics: depletions, shipments, Trade Spend & A&P
- Regular audits & reviews of customer performance vs. the agreed commercial scorecard. Holding the customers to account & agreeing action plans to close the gaps
- Entrepreneurial & creative mind-set, which delivers interventions to over-achieve all KPI’s whilst closing any risks to plan. Expert at commercial scenario planning to deliver opportunities at pace
- Agrees Joint Business Plans/Diageo 365 essentials which deliver long term, sustainable value for all collaborators
- Lead cross-functional team work with finance, customer marketing etc. to create exceptional JBPs
- Build trade plans that delight our local consumers at the POP and create exceptional on/off-trade experiences for our consumers whilst still delivering category growth and increasing Diageo share
- Ensure complete compliance & governance for all projects is in place & relevant SOAs/Policies adhered to without question
- 3-5 years in Customer / Key Account Management experience including sophisticated and difficult negotiations
- An understanding of how the Airline Channel operates and how to drive its effectiveness is preferred but not required
- Agility to move from Strategy Planning to Implementation – candidate must have a proven ability in developing and implementing strategy, solving complex problems and effective decision making, whilst then also being passionate about execution and being able to drive projects through to completion.
- Needs to be proactive, driven and resilient – a self-motivator who thrives in ambiguity and can overcome obstacles / find solutions.
- Ruthless attention to detail – for commercial planning and in delivering on execution.
- Able to inspire a multifunctional sales team and bring the team on a journey to success
- Excellent understanding of P&L management