VP Sales Disruptive Whiskey, Balcones
***This role is not part of the Diageo Organization. Balcones is a separate entity owned/affiliated by Diageo. This hire will be employed directly through the Balcones Company and will be eligible for Balcones Benefits and Compensation Package***
Balcones is looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial minded individual to be the leader of the National Sales Team for VP Disruptive Whiskey, Balcones. This role will provide strategic leadership by developing and implementing plans to achieve maximum performance in Execution, Sales, Profit, Market Share, and People objectives. The roll will in the interim be accountable for developing and delivering the growth and business plans for Balcones as well as drive the commercial plans in partnership with Diageo to deliver against the growth agenda! This individual will need to be a strong people leader and have an unwavering ability to build relationships, as the individual will lead the distributor relationships and partner with the sales team to build brand presence in key markets, and will also be responsible for building out and developing the sales team.
- Deliver growth plans for Disruptive Whisky portfolio
- Budget Management – T&E and Market Tactical Budget management
- High-reaching self-starter who can easily adjust between strategy and execution
- Can shape the future and craft outstanding commercial strategies that unlock the potential of the Disruptive Whisky portfolio
- Strong communicator to drive impact across multiple regions and team members
- Commercially savvy to drive action with key collaborators including distributor partners and customers
- Flexible, with an ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity to provide transparency and simplification.
- Able to assess talent and build out commercially sound selling organization.
- Strong people leadership skills
Key Outputs & Results:
- Accountable for depletions, dNSV, rate of sale, and trade/A&P investment allocation delivery
- Accountable and responsible for delivery of the Balcones 10 year growth ambition
- Sets a multi-year strategy to deliver brand ambition and aligns RTM accordingly
- Ensures in-year growth plans and building blocks are clear and aligned on with key partners
- Ensures all execution goals are fit-for-purpose and drive balanced growth
- Has clear Performance Management routines down to the outlet level by growth driver
- Balances business priorities with future growth aspirations
- Must have a strong awareness of the impact of environmental, social, and legal factors as they relate to the sales process as well as distributor economics and their individual business objectives
- Creates effective ways of working with distributors to drive state sales agenda.
- Builds outstanding performance based relationships with distributors and ensures Diageo’s route-to-market (RTM) is positioned to win for the short, medium, long term. Is always evaluating RTM strategies and engaging internal support where needed to inspire change as required.