- Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures Manual of Event Reservations
- Prepare Event Orders, contracts, diagrams, and promotional material for Events. Ensure their distribution in a timely fashion.
- Distribute daily Events Reports to ensure communication to all internal departments.
- Provide site inspections for potential clients that instill trust in our team and inspire the potential client.
- Create and maintain sales kits for site inspections to ensure preparation for any potential questions or requests.
- Respond within 24 hours to any Event request in coordination with the Event Sales team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate follow up and communication both internally and to the client.
- Identify the client’s requirements and expectations for each event.
- Liaise with vendors and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure proper organization and communication.
- Manage all event setup, breakdown, and follow up process.
- Maintain Event budgets.
- Coordinate vendors and manage the winery’s list of preferred vendors for clients.
- Provide full concierge service and follow up tasks for bookings or leads provided by the Events Manager
- Serve as a personal concierge for client’s visit to Napa, including acting as the point of contact for all their event needs, regardless of vendor involvement.
- Greet clients upon arrival to their event and introduce the Event Service Lead as their point of contact throughout service.
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to help ensure expectations are exceeded.
- Assess events’ success and submit findings.
- Respond to Leads submitted online, over the phone, or in-person.
- Maintain / manage local outreach platforms to help drive sales in accordance to Brand standards and messaging.
- Maintain relationships with local partners, vendors, and DMCs through retention efforts, updates, and special offers in coordination with our Event Sales team.
- Analyze retention strategies and submit findings.
- Represent Robert Mondavi Winery at local events and organizations.
- Attend Event seminars, conferences, and other offsite educational events that help inform our business strategies and drive sales.
- Coordinate consumer, trade, and internal reservations with equal attention and elevated service standards.
- Communicate event and group details to stakeholders, including presenting information at event planning meetings, updating reservation systems, and relaying any updates, changes, or requests to internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Assistant Managers and Culinary Leaders to ensure our team’s capability for event requests and prevent any negative impacts from events on staff, spaces, or revenue goals.
- Monitor industry updates, local market research, and reservation patterns to help shape our event offerings and pricing in coordination with the Event Sales team and Events Manager.
- Assist with Event check-in process, and assist with Reservationist responsibilities, as needed.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with dress code.
- Participate in daily reservation meetings, pre shift meetings, and sales meetings, as needed.
- Actively participate in weekly Events meetings
- Drive a culture of training and development through weekly direct report meetings and monthly team meetings.
- Develop relationships with key event sales partners such as local destination management companies and hotel partners.
- Build on existing processes and procedures created for all reservation types to ensure streamlined reservation platform management.
- Support cross-functional Hospitality leadership team:
- Participate in weekly hospitality leadership team meetings.
- Report on people, place, reservations, and achievements
- Communicate pertinent information from meeting with reservations team.
- Any other task related to Events assigned by the leadership team.
- Strong customer service skills with desire to help customers in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines and to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear responses to clients and directions to internal hospitality management team and employees.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and will to accommodate irregular or extended hours, including days, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in person, over the phone, and through written correspondence in both a timely and professional manner.
- Friendly, approachable, and excited demeanor that is noticeable and contagious, even over the phone or through written correspondence.
- Confident public speaking
- Ability to travel to other states and/or attend conferences/events for several days.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn systems quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and troubleshoot independently with an understanding of overall business needs and goals.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- 2-5 years of experience in a high-volume, luxury retail, restaurant, or hospitality environment
- 3+ years’ experience as an event coordinator.
- Prior experience with reservation systems and POS systems preferred – Experience with TOCK, Tripleseat, and/or Shopify strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in hospitality, public relations, communication, business administration, or marketing preferred.
- Knowledgeable at negotiation and sales.
- Service experience, especially involving food service.
- Reservation experience
- Knowledge of food and wine.
- Knowledge of Robert Mondavi’s Brand story and history.
- Experience with vendor management and or destination management companies