Sales Specialist, Lower Hudson
New York, NY
Sales Specialist - Diageo Beer Company Lower Hudson Market
Diageo is a world-class leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer. Diageo has over 200 outstanding brands – old and new, large and small, global and local, with brands sold in 180 countries at almost every price point, in every category to meet consumer demand. With revenues in excess of £11.8 billion, it is a constituent of the FTSE 100.
Diageo is the leading spirit player in every region of the world, highlighting a broad portfolio of both international and local brands. Diageo leads the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff, and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio includes Crown Royal, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Buchanans, Don Julio, Casamigo’s, Tanqueray, Baileys and Guinness!
Context/Scope: To deliver excellent performance against the Diageo Beer Company (DBC) portfolio through effective territory management, key customers and local DBC Local agencies within Westchester County.
- Assist in the delivery of annual, quarterly and monthly execution targets for the assigned market
- Establish and handle an agreed up account universe to improve sales opportunities using the QDVP3 model (Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price, Promotion and Persuasion)
- Negotiate and increase Beer & PAB presence in the on and off premise channels using the Persuasive Selling and 8 Step sales models
- Plan and lead trade A&P against shown growth drivers
People Management Responsibilities:
- This role has no direct reports
- This role will be tasked with working with distributor personnel, Diageo marketing and finance teams and relevant agency personnel (Inspira/MKTG) to achieve agreed upon goals
- Reports to Distributor Manager
Complexity of Role:
- Lead the performance in account universe against National Execution Plan (NEP)
- Set goals and measure performance in account universe using internal resources, ie. Annual Business Planning Tool, Quarterly Business Reviews, Monthly Communication Meetings, Distributor Scorecard, Local A&P Return On Investment, Monthly Flash Depletion Reports,
- Market complexity is high including, interaction with 3rd party agencies, significant Chain and On Premise influence and a high investment market with heavy program execution expectations
- Ability to work on own
- Daily/Weekly account level Pre Plans
- Develop account level goals for Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price, Promotion and Persuasion (QDVP3)
- Develop and Deliver the Guinness Quality plans in the On Premise
- Influence and motivate wholesalers to implement against the key sales drivers by brand for the assigned territory.
- Plan and run investment (Beer & PABs) for assigned territory
- Assist in the planning and execution of kick-off meetings for new innovation and programming initiatives as needed
- Analyze on/off premise channels within territory to effectively plan and complete promotional activities
- Work with National Account and Retail Chain teams, as needed, to coordinate key account planning at wholesalers within the areas of responsibility.
- Identify local growth opportunities that tie into the NEP
- Provide grounded market insights including industry dynamics and competitive information
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Must be a self-starter with a consistent track record in influencing others with the use of fact based selling.
- Must be well organized and possess the ability to prioritize multiple initiatives. Able to generation ideas to develop the market.
Tier 1/major market wholesaler management; consumer need states; retail sales in chain grocery, independent liquor and on-premise; detailed understanding of wholesaler operations; proven influencing skills. Detailed understanding of competitive activity, market dynamics, and Quality standards. Understanding and application of data analysis. Uses and performs metrics to measure performance
Persuasive selling, negotiation; problem solving; planning/organizing; proficiency in Microsoft office; financial acumen; superior written and electronic communication; acute abilities to influence internal and external partners; possess a positive outlook; excellent negotiator; exhibits independence, resiliency and tenacity. Process oriented. Understands and applies interdependencies across functions. Self starter, forward thinking change agent.