Manager, Commercial Growth Plan
New York, NY
Are you looking to play a pivotal role in attracting the next generation of best-in-class talent for one of the worlds most respected fast moving CPG’s?
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Bulleit and Buchanan's whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our performance ambition is to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. We are proud of the brands we make and the enjoyment they give to millions. We are passionate about alcohol playing a positive role in society as part of a balanced lifestyle. It is central to our purpose to celebrate life, every day, everywhere.
We are a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer! We produce an assortment of over 200 amazing brands – old and new, large, and small, global and local – that are enjoyed in more than 180 countries around the world!
Diageo is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, our people, our brands, and performance, visit us at www.diageo.com. Visit Diageo's global responsible drinking resource, www.DRINKiQ.com, for information, initiatives, and ways to share standard methodology.
Manager, Commercial Growth Plan
The Manager for Commercial Growth Plan will align brand strategies with commercial execution to help define the roadmap to deliver Diageo’s long-term business objectives. Using consumer data and analytics, the Commercial Growth Plan Team will help advise and prioritize the commercial organization against the highest value opportunities across categories, brands, and markets. The Manager for Commercial Growth Plan will play an important role as strategic partner to the commercial leaders, driving sustainable revenue, profit and quality share growth through thorough analytics and insights tailored to market-level needs.
Complexity of Role:
- Possesses understanding of commercial business including sales, distributor and broker management
- Define the Commercial Growth Strategy for specific Spirit Categories (Vodka, Rum, North American Whiskey, Scotch, Tequila, Gin, Cordials, etc.)
- Develop strategic plans and translate into practical initiatives and activities across the commercial organization
- Track record of success working cross-functionally in a matrixed organization and developing deep relationships with key collaborators at all levels.
- Own the Commercial Growth Plan development for a specific Spirit Category / Categories
- Support markets to cross-functionally develop and implement comprehensive sustainable growth plans, balancing volume, price, and mix
- Partner with team members to embed Growth Plan strategies and insights into Commercial Planning
- Understand and enable market decisions based on trade-offs between market share, volume, sales, price, mix and profit
- Partner and advise Brand Teams on Growth Plan strategies and insights, and influence Commercial investments
- Lead innovation pricing strategy
- Partner with Growth Operations Team to advise the Tools Required to Automate and Streamline RGM Reporting & Capabilities
This role requires reasonable financial savvy and will strongly influence market-level pricing strategies, budgets (including trade spend, promotional investments and fixed spend) and priorities of markets, and functions.
This role reports into the Director, Commercial Growth Plan within North America Commercial Excellence Organization. The role is supported by a shared Analyst and collaborates & influences across a large network of internal and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate/MBA preferred
- 5+ years of commercial experience in CPG, preferably Beverage Alcohol.
- Progressive leadership roles supporting commercial and or finance organizations
- Solid understanding of Distributor Management / Operations (three-tier system)
- Experience with Key Customer Management (either Regional or National)
- Knowledge of / Comfort with: Consumer Analytics, Category Management, Financial Metrics
Demonstrable Leadership Skills
- Engagement – dynamic individual with the ability to build trust quickly
- Influence – ability to guide key partners who potentially have challenging agendas
- Prioritization – optimally identifies and communicates high value opportunities
- Simplification – minimizes low value activities to improve efficiency and impact of their team
- Collaboration - experience leading projects or initiatives across multiple functions
- Orchestration – consistent record of coordinating a group of individuals around a shared ambition, and holding them accountable for performance