Manager - Human Resources & Admin
New York, NY
The Manager, HR & Admin is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation and employment law compliance.
- Onboarding: Oversee the onboarding process for new hires, ensuring a smooth transition into the company.
- Benefits Administration: Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits. Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system.
- Employee Relations: Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing. Address and resolve employee concerns and grievances.
- Performance Management: Assist in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of the department in relation to established goals.Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Compliance and Reporting: Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Policy Implementation: Implement and update company policies, procedures, and guidelines.Ensure that the organization's policies and procedures are in line with current HR practices and employment laws.
- Other Duties: Maintain human resource information system records and compile reports from the database. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- 3-6 years of experience in Human Resources or related field.
- Knowledge of employment legislation and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when necessary.
- HR certification preferred (e.g., PHR, SHRM-CP).
- Experience with HRIS and recruitment platforms.
Pronghorn strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Pronghorn aligns to federal, state, and local laws. Pronghorn policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws