Director, Ketel One
New York, NY
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of over 200 brands in over 180 countries globally, including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Bulleit and Buchanan's whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our performance ambition is to be the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. We are proud of the brands we make and the enjoyment they give to millions. We are passionate about alcohol playing a positive role in society as part of a balanced lifestyle. It is central to our purpose to celebrate life, every day, everywhere!
Do you love Vodka? Are you a taste-maker? Do you want to work on an icon? Vodka is one of the largest and most important categories in spirits, and Ketel One is outperforming most competitors and is critical to the success of Diageo. Ketel One is a unique brand within Diageo with a rich history and family-legacy. A brand for the perspicacious drinker, Ketel One has a heavy focus on innovating, delivering sustainable solutions, and satisfying the needs of discerning people everywhere. If you are encouraged by the idea of building the future of the Vodka category, if you would like to work with and learn from founders, you have found your dream job!
Purpose of Role:
Deliver the long term and short-term ambitions for Ketel One Vodka. As the lead market globally, this team develops short and long-term brand strategies, builds winning marketing & innovation plans and demonstrates brilliant execution across marketing, supply, innovation and commercial. Direct line responsibility is into NA. You will be a member of the Joint Venture Executive Team, attend the JV board meetings, and work with the global brand team. You will be responsible for managing our partnership JV. You will deliver more than $300m dNSV and manage a sizeable A&P budget. In addition, you will actively participate in the Global Ketel One board with key senior partners globally.
- Lead creation of the long-term brand strategy and brand plans based on consumer, customer, and shopper insight.
- Shape and implement outstanding growth drivers across the strategy.
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver outstanding integrated communications plans across growth drivers.
- Be a key partner to commercial teams. Be performance obsessed.
- Own innovation agenda and drive innovation growth levers.
- Deliver sustainability agenda through all brand touchpoints
- Live in culture and understand how to connect the brand in culture.
- Be Proud and Passionate about Ketel One.
- Encourage your team, and the broader Vodka Team about the business and category.
Key Functional and Leadership Capabilities
- Experience with brand architecture and portfolio management
- Experience developing brand strategy
- Experience leading creative communications plans across agencies
- Detailed understanding of all Diageo Data inputs and demonstrates an ability to triangulate that into Simple, Clear and effective actions.
- Experience developing creative communications across brand platforms. Purpose, conversion + innovation.
- Experience leading sizable media budget
- Curious about new ways to connect with culture and drive return on investment for effective marketing
- Phenomenal commercial relationships across the business.
- Strong working relationship and understanding of CP&A.
- Experience owning the analysis of the business results, with clear implications and interventions as recommendations when needed.
- Passion to be in the trade and understand the on-premise
- Be inspired and encouraging about what we do – MARKETING and BUSINESS LEADERSHIP.
- Sweat execution.
- Be performance motivated.
- Always explore and build new possibilities – the growth drivers of today will not be the ones of tomorrow.
- Lead and Challenge People for Success.
- Have influence across cross functional departments, Ketel One Board, JV Partners, Global Team, and within NA Exec team.