Manufacturing Excellence Director
This is a central Continuous Improvement / Manufacturing Excellence (ManEx) leadership role that sits on the North American Manufacturing Conversion Leadership Team and is responsible to provide continuous improvement leadership and direction to twelve production (distillation and packaging) facilities and will be accountable for driving improvement in performance & productivity while building sustainable network capability.
Provide strategic and tactical continuous improvement leadership & direction for all NAM sites in order to deliver break-through performance improvement; leverage capability development, digital and automation platforms.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for all aspects of the broader Manufacturing Excellence (ManEx) Journey, drive the sustainability and impact of ME tools and practices through the Excellence in Supply Chain (EISC) MAKE Systems to support delivery and performance across North America Manufacturing (NAM).
- Implement Best Practices/Standards of EISC - MAKE in North America focused on driving performance with structured and standardized ways of working.
- Build Capabilities: Raise ManEx capabilities across NA conversion working closely with site leads, HRBP and other functions to improve capability of the Operator, craft and Team Leader by defining and implementing a standardized up-skilling program. Coach and develop change agents within sites to build the capability and lead cultural change in order to deliver sustainable performance improvement.
- Provide and coordinate technical support for the roll out of the Manufacturing Management System (MMS) roll out across NA Conversion.
- Assure that all Diageo’s sites follow EISC - MAKE standards and best in class practices as defined, developed and established by Diageo’s standards.
Complexity of Role:
- Mix between strategic planning and decision making, organisational change and tactical management of standards, business processes and internal/external partnerships to support NA performance goals.
- Program and Project management across multiple sites, work streams and partners to drive sustainable change and performance.
- Fostering great relationships with senior leadership, middle management and hourly employees to ensure approach fits local culture to drive cultural changes to ensure success.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Engineering Degree: BSME, BSEE, BS ChemE preferred, with minimum of 10 years of Technical/Production/Engineering/Maintenance Management in consumer product manufacturing
- Demonstrated success in manufacturing operations and continuous improvement
- Exhibits outstanding team building skills and ability to influence indirectly
- Strong partner management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Lean Six-Sigma License preferred