Manufacturing Excellence Director
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Bulleit and Buchanan's whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness!
Our performance ambition is to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. We are proud of the brands we make and the enjoyment they give to millions. We are passionate about alcohol playing a positive role in society as part of a balanced lifestyle. It is central to our purpose to celebrate life, every day, everywhere!
Diageo is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, our people, our brands, and performance, visit us at www.diageo.com. Visit Diageo's global responsible drinking resource, www.DRINKiQ.com, for information, initiatives, and ways to share standard methodology.
This is a central Continuous Improvement / Manufacturing Excellence (ManEx) leadership role that sits on the North American Manufacturing Conversion Leadership Team and is responsible to provide continuous improvement leadership and direction to twelve production (distillation and packaging) facilities and will be accountable for driving improvement in performance & productivity while building sustainable network capability.
Provide strategic and tactical continuous improvement leadership & direction for all NAM sites in order to deliver break-through performance improvement; leverage capability development, digital and automation platforms.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for all aspects of the broader Manufacturing Excellence (ManEx) Journey, drive the sustainability and impact of ME tools and practices through the Excellence in Supply Chain (EISC) MAKE Systems to support delivery and performance across North America Manufacturing (NAM).
- Implement Best Practices/Standards of EISC - MAKE in North America focused on driving performance with structured and standardized ways of working.
- Build Capabilities: Raise ManEx capabilities across NA conversion working closely with site leads, HRBP and other functions to improve capability of the Operator, craft and Team Leader by defining and implementing a standardized up-skilling program. Coach and develop change agents within sites to build the capability and lead cultural change in order to deliver sustainable performance improvement.
- Provide and coordinate technical support for the roll out of the Manufacturing Management System (MMS) roll out across NA Conversion.
- Assure that all Diageo’s sites follow EISC - MAKE standards and best in class practices as defined, developed and established by Diageo’s standards.
Complexity of Role:
- Mix between strategic planning and decision making, organisational change and tactical management of standards, business processes and internal/external partnerships to support NA performance goals.
- Program and Project management across multiple sites, work streams and partners to drive sustainable change and performance.
- Fostering great relationships with senior leadership, middle management and hourly employees to ensure approach fits local culture to drive cultural changes to ensure success.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Engineering Degree: BSME, BSEE, BS ChemE preferred, with minimum of 10 years of Technical/Production/Engineering/Maintenance Management in consumer product manufacturing
- Demonstrated success in manufacturing operations and continuous improvement
- Exhibits outstanding team building skills and ability to influence indirectly
- Strong partner management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Lean Six-Sigma License preferred
At Diageo certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual incentive payment and stock awards. US based employees are eligible for healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellness benefits and industry leading parental leave, among others. (Benefits/pers listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Diageo and the country where you work.) The salary range displayed is the salary range for the roles primary location.