Coordinator, Traffic (Swing Shift)
This position is responsible creating and maintaining a daily shipping schedule. Must possess excellent communication/organizational skills and be willing to multi-task. Will work with multiple cross functional departments. This position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Job Functions:
* Process shipping orders which are received daily from Customer Service.
* Arrange outbound common carrier shipments, review common carrier rates, identify primary and next best choice. Builds shipments in loads when necessary. Coordinates pool shipments with Transportation department, Customer Service team, and other Distribution Centers.
* Prepares daily shipping schedule, assures all associated paperwork is processed properly. May assign carriers to specific orders. Checks each wine order to assure availability of inventory and actual ship date. Identify weight and freight coding issues and correct as needed. Identify pallet and tier configuration errors and correct. Correct lot dates and location in the warehouse on orders. Print pick tickets for dispatching and pulling of orders.
* Initiate and process Pick Confirmation for proper movement of product out of warehouse area into designated staging areas for next day’s loading. Reviews and verifies freight bills, identifies quantities, etc., prior to final processing of shipment confirmation.
* Facilitates communication and relay details regarding shipping scheduling among brokers, shipping agents, dispatchers, truckers, and house carriers. Collaborates with Distribution Manager on daily/weekly basis.
* Enters all necessary shipping data into computer system. Generates necessary reports.
* Communicates with Customer Service regarding proper wine product codes inventory stock, wine availability, etc.
* Maintains monthly files on distributor orders. Maintains daily files of scheduled trucking documents.
* Answers dept. phone systems, screens calls, takes messages, responds to sales requests, distribution requests, etc.
* Participates in warehouse physical inventory.
* Responsible for compliance with CWUS sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable, and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
* Safety-follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member’s safety.
* Communicating effectively
* Building relationships & teamwork
* Customer/ consumer focus
* Initiative and results orientation
* Planning and organizing
* Role expertise
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in a shipping or transportation office with recordkeeping responsibilities.
* Excellent computer skills, particularly in Excel. Experience with SAP a plus.
* Excellent organizer and planner. Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements:
* Physical Requirements:
* Regularly sitting and talking on the phone.
* Able to operate standard office equipment.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
* Work Environment:
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts, and lift truck traffic
* Travel Required:
* 0 – 10%
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
The salary range for this role is:
$22.16 - $31.23
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.